Sunday, October 5, 2014

web tools

This week, in my IT 365 class we learned about web tools.  Web tools are different websites that you can go online and use to make different assignments and things for free! This was a very helpful assignment that we did and I'm glad I have this for the future.

The first thing we created was a online rubric. I went to the website: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php and was able to completely make my own rubric for a classroom project that I came up with. I created my own defined categories that I wanted to grade on. I also changed the point system for each column.

Next, we visited http://quizlet.com and made our own study sheet. We looked up twenty different words that went with our lesson and then defined them. It was very easy to do and you could do various different things with the words and definitions.

We then created an online worksheet. We visited the ABCTeach site http://www.abcteach.com and found a worksheet that we liked for our lesson and printed it out.

Lastly, we made our own crossword for the children to have a game to practice with. I went to http://www.eclipsecrossword.com. It is a fast and easy way to create crossword puzzles. Crossword puzzles encourage logical thinking and strengthens spelling in the classrooms. I've learned a lot of different things from this lesson and can't wait to use them in my teaching later on!
This ties into the NETS 4th standard critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making. It ties into that standard because students have to use critical thinking skills to use these different web tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment