Sunday, November 23, 2014

Final course refection


Over the semester in my IT 365 class, I have learned many new and interesting things with technology! This class has taught me that technology can be intergraded into our educational setting and teaching students different things while using technology.  Growing up, the only time we used technology was in our math class in middle school and my teacher used projector to show us how to do math problems.

 In my opinion, I am very tech savvy. I am always on the computer or the internet on my phone. I learned a lot of programs already, throughout the junior college computer applications class. But this class and that class was totally different. In that class, it was mainly access, word, excel and all the boring but important programs.  In this class, I learned things that I am going to use every day in my educational career.  I think my favorite thing that I learned was how to make my own teacher website. This was very important because pretty much any school that you teach at, your principle asks you to make a website for your class.  This introduces you to the parents or guardians and then explains what your expectations and it maybe even include a tentative schedule included in the website.

My weakness in technology is learning one thing and then all of the sudden, it changes.  When technology changes it is always for the best, but it totally confuses me.  Like when they updated the new windows 8 program and added new features that I’ve never seen before.  The only way I feel like I can overcome this weakness is by practicing my technology skills every day.  I can lookup online tutorials and there classes that I can take to overcome my fear of change.

Intergrading technology into my classroom is going to be a breeze now.   After everything I have learned in this class, I have so many good ideas!  For example, I can use Microsoft PowerPoint to create a game similar to “Jeopardy!”  I’ve already found the templates online to download and revise for my classroom and subject.  This is a fun way to practice using a projector and get my students to review important material.  Another way is to do an email exchange; this is where I would encourage the child to send emails to each other. This would help teach them how to write formal letters, how to deal with sentence structure and punctuation and become more comfortable with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment